Freelance Consultant to Automate Future IT Platforms and Support Transition to Cloud
Copenhagen Asap 6 months, possibly longer
Your primary role will be to participate in continuously increasing automation and improving our client’s cost picture, stability and speed of deliveries.
Our client’s infrastructure services department operates their core IT infrastructure in a co-located data center, with a large number of VM’s running on top of VMware vSphere, MS Hyper-V and Oracle VM. Recently, our client made a strategic decision to migrate their on-premise IT systems to MS Azure.
Their current main automation frameworks are based on VMware vRealize, Symantec Management Platform (Altiris) workflow, Azure Automation and various ad hoc scripts. IT processes are managed through BMC RemedyForce.
Their professional services division, working out of their 20+ worldwide locations, request Dimension environments from Group IT at a regular basic. Almost every environment has specific requirements, regarding functionality, scaling and geographical location. In order to meet these demands, they are searching for an freelance Automation Specialist who will play a key role in delivering environments.
You will be placed in our client’s infrastructure services department which is responsible for designing, installing, optimizing and maintaining their IT Infrastructure.
- Delivering on our client’s Dimension environment requests, covering a multitude of customizations and use cases, both for employees and directly towards some of the World’s largest financial institutions
- Furthering and advocating an automation focused mindset
- Assisting in increasing business process understanding and with how that translates into well-running automation
- Designing, implementing and operating present and future automation frameworks
- Participating in infrastructure projects as automation subject matter expert
- Experience delivering on complex IT Infrastructure requests
- Used to engaging directly with colleagues with diverse technical backgrounds
- Having participated in creating and implementing user stories based on business and IT processes into fully automated processes
- Familiarity with Cloud infrastructure practices and relevant Cloud services in the market
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure automation in general
- Preferably experience from a similar job in an international environment
- Preferably courses / certifications within the relevant technologies
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Preferred – knowledge and expertise in:
- Agile software development processes
- Interaction with management interfaces via REST
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Basic network technologies
- Azure Resource Manager
Our client’s infrastructure department is becoming increasingly focused on automation and the DevOps tool stack. Expect to be part of a team in which coding and scripting skills are on the rise. You will be expected to help the team increase their automation skills gradually. In Group IT, you and your colleagues will constantly be developing new skills in order to keep up with new technical opportunities, presently specifically within the fields of automation and Cloud services.
In Group IT, you and your colleagues will constantly be developing new skills in order to keep up with new technical opportunities, presently specifically within the fields of automation and Cloud services.
Project duration: Start: asap. Six months with possible prolongments
Heidi Kelman Christensen
T: +45 5352 8899
Please also upload your CV to our database:
Ønsker du at søge stillingen, eller har du spørgsmål kan du kontakte Heidi Kelman Christensen og høre nærmere. Hvis du ansøger pr. mail, så husk at vedhæfte dit CV.